Search This Blog

Bone Broth

Bone Broth

Ewwwww?

No, man. It's freakin' delish and super duper good for you.

You want nourishment?
Make your own bone broth.

How do you make a bone broth you ask?

First you need to...
become a bone collector.


Any bones will do. When you are preparing chicken, save those bones. Any type of bones, seriously.



Ever pick up a fantastic organic rotisserie chicken from the store?

Save those bones.

Save all bones.

DO NOT THROW THEM OUT.

Store them in the freezer.

Once you have collected enough, you can make a bone broth.

I hear that chicken feet is especially good for bone broths, but I haven't tried them just yet.

To get started, I roast the bones, around 300-325.

After roasting I place the bones in a bag and crush with a hammer.
This is my favorite part...other than drinking the completed broth.

CRUSH AWAY!

Get a big ol' pot.

Add the crushed bones to the big ol' pot.

Cover with water.

Add apple cider vinegar.

Bring to a boil.

Bring down to a simmer.

Add vegetables and herb goodness of choice.

I like to add celery, carrots, onions, and garlic.


My favorite herb to add is 
stinging nettle
This makes it 
extra nourishing and so yummy.


(If you want to learn more about stinging nettle, 
click here to read my blog.)

Let it simmer for as long as you can.

I like to start in the morning and let it simmer until dark.
It warms up the home and smells cozy and inviting.

When you feel it has simmered enough...time to strain it.

Strain and use.

You can drink it. You can make soups with it. You can use it as a base for cooking rice and couscous. 
You can freeze it and use it later.

Get creative and get healthy.

It really helps my allergies and my asthma.
When I drink it, I can feel it nourishing my soul.

I feel instantly healthier.


*************
Are you facing a huge transition in your life?
Are you ready to release your obstacles and step forward into the life of your choosing?
Are you kind of lost as to where to even begin? 

Book your free 20 minute consultation with me today.

Click here.


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
~Amy
 Amy Riddle, C.C., Holistic Alchemist and Manifestor of Dreams is a life coach, tapping facilitator, reverend, creatress, teacher, writer, herbalist, and all out muse. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.