Search This Blog

How I Create Cool Candles

"How do you make your candles?"
Spirit Dancer Recycled Candles 

I get asked this quite often. Maybe it should be a secret...
but I'll let you in on my process.

I pretty much made it up. I go with my instincts.

One of the reasons my candles are so special is I use recycled wax. You know when that pillar candle burns out, but there is still wax? That's what I use, old candle scraps. Friends have been donating their scraps to me for years. I started making candles in 2001. I can't believe it's been 11 years!

So, first I melt the wax.

Next I pick out which molds to use and get them ready.



Now it's time for the secret ingredient!
Are you ready? Some of you already know. 




Ice, ice baby!

Yup. It's that simple. I love working with ice. 
It gives all the candle creations a unique look!

I fill the molds halfway with the ice. 

I check on the wax to make sure it has all melted. 
This is where I would add any dyes or scents. 

After figuring out the color and scent, I charge the wax, adding specific spiritual energy.

That's right...these candles are magic!

Okay, time to pour. 

I love this part!

Let them set and you will have one of a kind candle creations!

Recycled, magical, and unique...

 All Spirit Dancer candles are made with recycled wax and lots of fairy love. 
These candles are made possible with donated candle scraps. 
Don't throw out that pillar candle when it's done burning-give it to me 
and I'll create a new luminous wonder. 
I'll even give you Spirit Dancer Creations merch in exchange for wax.



Thank you!



Peace, Inspiration, & Love, 
 ~Amy
 The Spirit Dancer