Search This Blog

Embracing My Body (part of a blog circle concerning books)

The book I'm reading right now is teaching me...

Marianne Williamson 
in December 2010. 

I got through chapter 1 and then stopped.

I picked it up again a year later...got through 2 chapters...and then stopped.

I strongly believe it is time...time to get through all 21 chapters. 
So far, so good...I mean...I've made it to chapter 3!

I obviously wasn't ready before, but I am ready now.

It was pretty much impossible to grow/live/be healthy in body, mind, and spirit in a shared 400 square foot apartment. 
My spirit was suffocating.

Good news, that is over. 

Now I have space. Space to create. Space to cook. Space to just be. Space to balance my body, mind, and spirit.

Every single day I feel closer to being me again, my authentic Amy is coming back 100%.

With that comes the realization of, 
"What the fuck happened to my body?"

We all cope in different ways. I've put on weight for several reasons...and I now know it is time to let it all go.

Reading "A Course in Weight Loss" is taking me on a deep spiritual journey concerning my weight. I have already felt a healthy shift...and I have 18 chapters left to go.

I started going back to the gym on May 6...I really do enjoy it. 

Plus now that I have a kitchen, I'm eating better. 

I have been against scales for many, many years..however when I ventured back into the gym routine on May 6, I hopped on. I figured I had to face me head on. I decided it was time to know. I hadn't weighed myself for probably 14 years. 
I've always gone with "how I feel". 
Well, I didn't feel good anymore. 
So, deciding it was time to embrace, acknowledge, and deal...
I stepped on the scale. 

Holy fuck balls. 

The number that came up was atrocious. 
My mind went through so many horrible thoughts...mainly, 
"Only really, really fat people weigh that much." 

Oh, gawd. What have I done to myself? 
I don't deserve this. 
I deserve better treatment from myself to myself.

"A Course in Weight Loss" has helped me let go of all those nasty thoughts. It has helped me realize that my soul was weighed down, which made my body heavy. 
Horrible domino effect that I am stopping.

I am changing my thinking. 
I am becoming more aware and conscious of what I'm doing with my body and what I'm eating. 

I got on that scale again this week and I've lost 13 pounds. 
Progress! 
I am back on track.
Thank you Marianne Williamson for being 
with me on this journey. 

"Spiritually, your wanting to lose weight 
is not a desire to become less of yourself, 
but rather a desire to become more of your true self." 
~Marianne Williamson 

**************************************


This blog is part of the Flying Lessons monthly blog circle. 
Hop to the next blog to see what other books are inspiring us. 

Who knows where you'll end up?

Next stop on the circle is the amazing Kristen Fairgrieve
I wonder what she's been reading? 

May you enjoy our reading circle and 
have some bursts of inspiration. 



Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Magick Muse