Search This Blog

My August Artist Date

Blog 29 of 30 ~ Effy Wild's Blogalong ~ Thirty Posts in Thirty Days 

Oh, The Artist Date - part of The Artist's Way 
and Julia Cameron's uber brilliance. 

What is an artist date

Well, basically anything you want to do 

that you don't normally do...and you do it alone. 
All alone. Singular. By yourself. If it sounds fun...go do it.
Now...I've been dating myself for years. 
I take myself out on somewhat of a regular basis. 
So I feel my artist dates need to be extra artsy.
I try to do one extra special day for me a month.

So what to do in August?

Well, a lovely lady that works down the hall from me at work knows that I create jewelry. One day Amanda told me all about this beading loom she has and never uses.
She offered to teach me how to use it.

I ventured over to her house this past Saturday morning.
I was overwhelmed with gratitude.
The loom is spectacular, created by a Cherokee woman -
and now it's all mine. 

Bead Loom created by a Cherokee lady named Susan

My fingers learning the loom.
I was gifted the loom plus a box of beads plus 
I got a kick-ass beading lesson. 

What an amazing gift. 
I am so honored. 

Outside her creation room, 
she has a butterfly bush that 
I had to play at before I took off.
Butterfly! 


Butterfly Goodness 


More Butterfly Goodness
There were so many gorgeous butterflies!
I was in complete awe.

As we both stood there in butterfly heaven, 
a red-tailed hawk flew over our heads.
Red-tailed Hawk
Could the day get any better?

Actually...it could.

I ventured over to Black Mountain, NC. 
I work in Black Mountain, 
but I don't get to play in Black Mountain.

My first stop was Veranda Cafe for lunch. 
I chose Veranda because I've recently become acquainted with the amazing-awesome Palette 
that owns the joint with her husband. 
If I like you, I support you.
So - I had to check out her restaurant. 

The view alone was spectacular.
Veranda, Black Mountain, NC 

And the menu - 
The Veranda's Saturday Specials 
and that's just the specials.
I had to go for the bar-b-que plate and holy - 
I'm so glad that I did. 

I had to have the Bar-B-Que plate.
The pulled pork was dripping with yellow bbq sauce that just exploded goodness in my mouth. 
The corn on the cob was just as sweet and juicy as 
my grandpa's corn I loved so much as a child.
Even those baked beans were killer -
and I'm not a fan of baked beans.
I ate ALL of them.
Top it off with tasty coleslaw and man,
I was in a happy food coma. 

I walked off my coma frolicking about
the different unique shops in Black Mountain.

And ended up here -
The Dripolator, Black Mountain, NC

I absolutely love to hang out in coffeehouses.
I took my laptop with me, sipped my drink,
people watched, and blogged.
Sucking down my Heath Bar Frappe

It was a lovely, lovely day.

Pretty Day 

I totally recommend Artist's Dates to everyone. 
It's a great opportunity to reconnect with yourself. 


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Magick Muse

Amy Riddle is an empowerment coach, crafter of sorts, writer,
herbalist, reverend, and all out muse.
She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. 
She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. 
Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. 
She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.