Search This Blog

September Artist Date

The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron 
I had such a fantastic August artist date that
I just simply could not wait for my September date.

What is an artist date

Well, basically anything you want to do 
that you don't normally do...and you do it alone. 
All alone. Singular. By yourself. If it sounds fun...go do it.
Now...I've been dating myself for years. 
I take myself out on somewhat of a regular basis. 


So I feel my artist dates need to be extra artsy.
I try to do one extra special day for me a month.

A friend of mine told me about an art opening 
this past Friday night. 
The show sounded unique 
plus it was happening in downtown Asheville.

Perfect.

I decided to just wander around Biltmore Avenue/Broadway Avenue until it's time for the show.

I started at Indo, one of my fav hippie joints and
stocked up on my magical incense.
Escential Incense at Indo, Asheville NC
Indo is the only store in Asheville I've found that sells Escential Incense. I absolutely love this brand. I've never been disappointed. They have a broad selection and they all smell incredible.
I especially love Mystic Forest. 
It always grounds me.
 (I need a lot of grounding.)

My stomach started to rumble - and
I've been craving sushi like mad, 
so I treated myself to Wasabi.
Wasabi - Asheville, NC 

Such an excellent restaurant.
Their sushi makes me moan every single time. 
Volcano Roll - Wasabi - Asheville, NC

After dinner I continued my wandering around Broadway.
I haven't really walked it for quite some time.
I stumbled upon a place called Chocolate Gems.
Chocolate Gems - Asheville, NC

Their gelato was so orgasmic.
I thought I moaned eating sushi, but damn.
Good stuff. 
Chocolate Gems - Asheville, NC


After all that goodness it was time for the art exhibit.
The Satellite Gallery - Asheville, NC
It was strange and unusual.
Which I normally flock to strange and unusual...
Julie Armbruster
However, it just wasn't my flavor.
There were some pretty creepy pieces.
Man faces with mustaches inside wooden logs.
Eye balls in the bushes.
An owl smoking a cigarette.

My friend loves her work and I could tell lots of folks there were digging the pieces on display.

I find art is just like people. Every single one is unique. You connect with certain ones. You don't connect with others. 

And that is okay.

Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Magick Muse

Amy Riddle is an empowerment coach, crafter of sorts, writer,
herbalist, reverend, and all out muse.
She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. 
She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. 
Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. 
She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.