Search This Blog

Ostara~The Spring Equinox

Merry Ostara! 



Ostara Affirmation

I am the blossom of Spring and the sweet flower unfolding.

I am the leafy stalk that pushes through the ground to 
greet the brightness of the day.

I hold the power of creation in my hands, 
as I stand at the threshold between darkness and light.

I am balance and beauty becoming.

Blessed Be.

*************
It's the first day of spring, let's rejoice!

Ostara is my 2nd favorite Holiday...
the first being Halloween, of course.

*************

Ostara Significance: day and night are equal in length with the powers of light increasing, it is the return of life to the world

Magickal Energies: balance, fertility, prosperity

Symbols: colored eggs, seeds, spring flowers, white rabbits

Colors: lavender, light blue, light green, pink, yellow...think pastels

Trees: alder, dogwood

Flowers: lily, tulip

Herbs & Oils: honeysuckle, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lemongrass, orange blossoms, rose, sage, strawberry, violet, ylang ylang 

Stones: aventurine, agate, amazonite, clear quartz, rose quartz

Animals: baby chicks, eagle, rabbit

Beverages: berry juices, cream, flower teas, milk

Foods: chocolate, eggs, ham, honey cakes, leafy green vegetables, seasonal fruits, seeds, spring salads, sprouts


*************
Today begins the waxing time of the year - 
time to set things in motion.

Every year on Ostara, I write myself an intention letter.

I fill it will my hopes, dreams, and goals for the year.
I open last year's letter, see where I stand,
and then I write my new letter for the year.

I found that this is the perfect time for me if I want to
implement any big changes in my life.

Now is the time to plant the seeds you wish to grow.

What do you wish to plant this year?

What growth would you like to see in your life?


Ostara is the time.

Image Source-http://www.paganspace.net/

Happy Spring!


Ostara information taken from the Wheel of the Year classes 
at Avalon in Orlando, FL 2001.


*************
Are you facing a huge transition in your life?
Are you ready to release your obstacles and step forward into the life of your choosing?
Are you kind of lost as to where to even begin? 

Book your free 20 minute consultation with me today.

Click here.


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
~Amy
 Amy Riddle, C.C., Holistic Alchemist and Manifestor of Dreams is a life coach, tapping facilitator, reverend, creatress, teacher, writer, herbalist, and all out muse. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.