Search This Blog

Queen Anne's Lace - Natural Birth Control

Queen Anne's Lace,
Natural Birth Control
or Fondly Named,
Anti-Baby Herbs

Yes, I'm bleeding!

I get especially giddy when I get my period. Because this means - no babies, no babies, no babies. I absolutely love sex. However, I do not love babies. Well, let's just say I don't want one. I don't want some parasite growing inside me sucking my life dry.

So what do I do? The pill? A shot? Surgery?

No. I eat herbs.

What??? I can hear your surprise.

I eat herbs for birth control - Queen Anne's Lace to be exact. She is also known as Wild Carrot, however I have nicknamed her anti-baby herbs.

Queen Anne's Lace comes from the plant family, Apiaceae, which is the carrot family. She flowers from May through October and you probably have spotted her on the side of the road.

QAL is an empowering contraceptive herb for women. Women have been using QAL as birth control for centuries. Queen Anne's use as anti-baby herbs was first described by Hippocrates, the father of medicine, over 2,000 years ago.

From my research and experience, the most effective way to use QAL is by chewing the seeds within eight hours of intercourse for three consecutive mornings in a row. After the third morning, discontinue use. Queen Anne likes a break.

The act of chewing the seeds releases the volatile oils that prevent implantation. The seeds are not my favorite flavor in the world, not my second favorite either - actually I don't even enjoy the taste. However, I love what they do for me, and it's all natural. I have found it helps to chase the seeds with apple juice.
Some ladies prefer drinking a tea or ingesting drops from a tincture. There are studies on the three different ways to take QAL. From what I've read, chewing the seeds remains the most effective. Some say, this way can create vaginal dryness, but I've never had an issue with that.

How does it work?
QAL makes the womb slippery which prevents implantation.

Where can I get it?
Harvest your own or purchase online.
I've used Wild Pantry before.

Reasons Queen Anne's Lace may fail as a contraceptive...
  • You took antibiotics. This messes with your gut flora.
  • You just got off the pill. Women who just got off the pill need to give their body three months to regulate their hormones.
  • You've experienced any major change in your hormones.
  • You are taking QAL every day and not giving it a break. Seriously, only chew the seeds three mornings in a row and then stop.
  • You forgot to take it after sex or waited until the day after to take it.
  • You got Queen Anne's Lace confused with Water Hemlock. Don't do that. It could be fatal. Know the difference. You can spot QAL by her hairy stalks.

As women, it is important to listen to our bodies and tap into our natural rhythms.
No birth control method is 100% except for abstinence, and that is not gonna happen!
I have been using Queen Anne's Lace successfully as my only means of birth control for almost three years.

Research, use your head, and do what is right for you.


Peace, Inspiration, and Love,
~Amy
The Spirit Dancer