Latin Name: Santalum album
Plant Family: Santalaceae
Parts Used: wood, volatile oil
Energetics: astringent, bitter, cooling, sweet
Actions: alterative, anti-aging, antibacterial, antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, astringent, carminative, diuretic, expectorant, nervine, sedative, tonic
Good for the digestive, nervous, and circulatory systems.
Sandalwood essential oil has one of the most appealing smells.
It is sweet, woody, and floral.
The best sandalwood comes from India where it has been used for thousands of years for medicinal and religious purposes.
Sandalwood Essential Oil Knowledge
- The oil contains constituents that reduces inflammation, soothes the stomach, reduces digestive spasms, and relieves fluid retention.
- Sandalwood soothes and hydrates, which makes it excellent for skin issues such as dry skin, acne, psoriasis, eczema, and shaving rashes.
- The essential oil calms, relaxes, and induces sleep.
- Deep states of relaxation take place on the spiritual level with sandalwood.
- Sandalwood cools and calms the mind and body.
- It helps lift depression and banishes anxiety.
- The rich, woody smell of sandalwood can instantly have a powerful affect on an individual. Because sandalwood relaxes the body, mind, and spirit, it is a great healing herb . A deep relaxed state allows the healing process to occur.
- Apply a few drops of sandalwood essential oil to the third eye to empower your meditation experience. It increases devotion and awakens intelligence.
Sandalwood blends well with bergamot, black pepper, chamomile, frankincense, geranium, lavender, myrrh, patchouli, rose, tea tree, and ylang ylang.
Attention men...you can create an aftershave soother…
- Add 4 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 6 drops benzoin essential oil
- 4 drops chamomile essential oil
- to 4 teaspoons of hazelnut oil
After shaving, warm a tiny bit in your hands
and smooth onto the face.
Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
The Spirit Dancer