Search This Blog

Amy, Amy, Amy~Where's our moral parallel?

Amy, Amy, Amy~Where's our moral parallel?



If you act like you know what you're doing, 
you can do anything you want.

If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl.

My justification is that most people my age spend a lot of time thinking about what they're going to do for the next five or ten years. The time they spend thinking about their life, 
I just spend drinking.

~Amy Winehouse



It's been 2 months since Amy Winehouse died.

Sigh.

I can't say "Oh, I'm so surprised." or "Wow, didn't see this coming."

But I didn't want it to happen. I watched her downward spiral into the 27 Club Abyss.

I wanted more. I wanted more Amy. More songs oozing with booze, love, heartache, and life.

Amy for some reason, couldn't get it together. No one could help her and she could not help herself.

But Amy helped me.

It's true. I've spent a great deal of time with Amy since my Itunes library met her back in 2007. I've listened to her songs more than anyone else.

Her lyrics cut deep. They are raw. They are real.

Amy was the real deal. She lived, she loved, she drank, she sang her heart out.

She wasn't afraid of love. Not like I am.

Amy wasn't afraid to bare all of her naked emotions to the world in her lyrics.

Back in 2007, Amy got me through 16 hours on the back of a motorcycle on a road trip from Myrtle Beach, SC to Metropolis, IL. My ass hurt, I wasn't allowed to move, there wasn't a radio, or anyone to talk to. All I had was the wind through my hair and my thoughts. I would sing her songs over and over while cruising down the interstate. I could belt out each song. The biker couldn't hear me over the roar of the bike and the helmet and the wind. I don't know how I would have survived those 16 hours being a biker bitch if Amy hadn't been there.


Amy helped me to see my emotions clearly. Listening to Amy invoked my deep feelings. They came out, no longer in a bottle.

I let them out.

Eventually, she encouraged me to go ahead and let my heart soar and fall deeply in love. Plunge in, head first, giving it all your might.

Amy let me know it was okay.

Amy, I want you to know...YOU helped me.
Thank you. Thank you for your lyrics. Thank you for your voice.
Thank you for throwing your soul out to the world.

I am forever grateful for the gifts you have given me.






May light and love guide your spirit eternal.


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
~Amy
The Magick Muse