Search This Blog

Oracle of the Week~Goddess~Kuan Yin

Kuan Yin
Compassion



From The Goddess Oracle by Amy Sophia Marashinsky
Illustrated by Hrana Janto

I made the vow
and kept my word
I reached enlightenment
but rather than pass over
to the state of eternal bliss
I retained human form
till all beings attain enlightenment
Keeping human form
enabled me to know more deeply
the pain other experience
Because of my deep feelings
because of my understanding
of misery and suffering
because of my decision
I am called The Compassionate One
She Whose Name Alleviates All Suffering
But wouldn't you prefer to wait
feeling what others feel
suffering what others suffer
knowing their pain as your own
wait till the end of all suffering and pain
till all beings attain enlightenment?
For me there was no other choice

***************************
Kuan Yin, "she who hears the weeping world",
 is the Chinese Buddhist bodhisatva of Compassion.
She lives on her island paradise of P'u T'o where she 
is said to grant every prayer she hears.
She is so powerful that even the mention of her name 
will ease suffering and hardship.
Choosing to remain in this world after having attained enlightenment, Kuan Yin has vowed to retain human form until all beings attain enlightenment.
***************************
http://www.exoticindiaart.com/kuanyin.htm
***************************
Kuan Yin appears mercifully in your life to tell you it is time to nurture wholeness with compassion-compassion for others, compassion for your loved ones, compassion for yourself.

Compassion is the ability to listen deeply and allow others and yourself the space to go through what needs to be gone through and to feel what needs to be felt.

Kuan Yin says that the way to alleviate your suffering is to develop compassion for yourself.

From that compassionate place within, you can manifest compassion without.

***************************
I am delighted I pulled Kuan Yin this week. 
She is the Goddess I strive to be like. 
She makes my heart expand. 
People have a tendency to share their troubles with me, 
and Kuan Yin helps me assimilate other people's issues that they lay upon my shoulders.
Dearest Kuan Yin, may you help me further develop compassion for myself, so I may help others.
Thank you.
***************************




Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Spirit Dancer