Search This Blog

convalescence

World English Dictionary

convalescence (ˌkɒnvəˈlɛsəns)
— n 
1. gradual return to health after illness, injury, or an operation,esp through rest
2. the period during which such recovery occurs 

I hurt myself. Really hurt. 
Was it from zumba? 
Was it from all of the moving and 
lifting that goes along with vending?

Probably a combination. 

I'm not really sure what happened. I had just finished packing up my Spirit Dancer Creations wares at the market. I bent over to pick something up and I felt something move under my rib. I swore I heard something pop. I don't really know. Snap. Something tore. Something was wrong. My legs were trying to give out from under me and I felt like I was about to vomit. 

Somehow I got all my stuff in the car and made it home. I was in tears with sharp pains throbbing under my right ribcage.
When I got home Chris told me
I had black circles under my eyes. 

I was wiped. 

I woke up screaming in terror in the middle of the night. I could not move. Sharp pains all under my right ribs crippled me. Turning in bed was not happening.
Getting out of bed was not happening. 

I was scared. Very rare for me. 

Sometimes the universe sends you a break from your life
in the form of 
a pulled psoas muscle

No one really talks about your psoas. 
No one has really heard of it.
Let me tell you, it can be a real bitch.

I've never experienced such excruciating pain. The psoas connects from your spine to your thigh. If it is messed up, major pain shoots everywhere. 

I couldn't walk, or sit down, or drive, or do anything it seemed.

I don't have health insurance and I couldn't see the doctor because I didn't have $250.00 for a copay.
I was turned away from Sisters of Mercy.

An ace bandage, ice, pain meds, and the couch helped immensely. 

If I had been seen by the doctor all they would have done was wrapped me and given me drugs anyway...

It has taken about 5 weeks to heal. 
During that time, I had no choice but to have a break.
No gym for me, certainly no zumba!

As painful and scary as it was,
the break from my usual routine gave me time to think.

I re-evaluated my life and figured out what 
changes I want to implement. 

I have dove deeper into the crafting world. 

I journaled, created a vision board, and 
began manifesting much needed changes. 

Another transformation in the life of The Spirit Dancer. 

I feel things moving forward. 
I feel a significant shift in my life. 

Life is good. 

The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
― Rumi


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Spirit Dancer