Search This Blog

Halloween. Best. Day. Ever.

Why is Halloween my favorite Holiday?


This is when the freaks of the world are accepted.
 You can embrace the unusual, the bizarre.

You get to be whoever you want to be.

However, I challenge you to 
be whoever you want to be every day.
Why not?


Celebrate Halloween every single day.

Some Halloween/Samhain information...

Samhain Affirmation
I am the whisper of everything unspoken. I am the wisdom carried in by the wind, and the prophecy it foretells. I hold within me the memory of all that I have ever been, and have the courage to use that knowledge rightly. I am the end. And so in death, shall I begin again. Blessed Be.

Significance
This is the time of the year when the veil between the worlds draws thin. It is a good time to honor those who have passed on.

Magickal Energies:
heightened psychic awareness, mystery, banishing, transformation

Symbols:
acorns, apples, cats, cauldrons, crystal balls, gourds, masks, pumpkins, scarecrows

Colors:
black, orange, purple, silver

Trees
apple, yew

Flowers:
nightshade

Herbs & Oils:
apple, broom, hemlock, mugwort, mullein, mushrooms, pine needles, rosemary, sage, vervain, wormwood

Stones:
amber, bloodstone, garnet, hematite, obsidian, onyx

Animals:
bat, cat, crow, owl, raven, scorpion, spider

Beverages:
hot apple cider, dark red wine, hot cocoa, pumpkin spice lattes

Foods:
candy apples, cornbread, meat dishes, pomegranates, all pumpkin dishes 
Spider Fairy 2005

Samhain information taken from Wheel of the Year classes 
at Avalon in Orlando, FL 2001.


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Magick Muse