Search This Blog

Books, Books, Books!

I love the way they feel. I love they can go with me wherever I go. I love curling up on the couch and falling into a story.

I love books that inspire my soul to grow, that deepen my connection to my authentic being.

Somehow in two weeks time, I've ended up with 8 new books!

I couldn't stop at just one. 
All of these books were calling to me. 
I feel they will all be extremely beneficial in my life.



Ask and It Is Given ~ Esther and Jerry Hicks 
(The Teachings of Abraham)
I look up to Louise Hay and Wayne Dyer...Esther and Jerry Hicks were cut from the same spiritual cloth. I've been wanting this book for quite some time. I have so much going on right now, I thought it would help me bring all of my ideas to fruition. 

~ Gary Chapman
I don't even remember who suggested this book, but I saw praises on Facebook about it. I added it to my Amazon Wish List. I'm glad I purchased it now. Reading the reviews it makes me think that this book is a must-read for all couples. No matter how great your relationship is, nothing is perfect. This book guides couples in revealing their own personal love language.
I'm looking forward to figuring out mine, although I have a feeling mine is Words of Affirmation.

This is my new goal I can't wait to achieve.
I am going to be a Life Coach. 
This book claims to be 
"everything you need to be an effective Life Coach". 
Well, okay. Sign me up.

A Room of One's Own ~ Virginia Woolf
I have been obsessively pining over a craft room of my own...hell...just a room of my own. I've been dying for personal space. A cool psychologist guy works down the hall from me and he suggested I give this book a read. I already started it. I'm surprised I've never read it before. Female power!

The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women: A Portable Mentor ~ Gail Meekin
A book about women achieving their dreams. I don't think I need to elaborate on this one. 

The Woman's Book of Creativity ~ C. Diane Ealy, Ph.D
This book was suggested by my Flying Lessons classmates. It looks like another fantastic book for nurturing and empowering your creative side. (as a woman)

~ Peggy Tabor Millin
Are you starting to see a theme here? The words women and creativity apparently send me into my happy place. 
I do love to write and I do not have any books on writing. This one called out to me. When I received it, I was pleasantly surprised and not so surprised to see the author lives in Asheville. 
Of course she does!


 ~ Julia Cameron with Mark Bryan 
I've always heard incredible things about this book. I hear stories of inspiration that begin with "So, I read "The Artist's Way" and blah blah blah breakthrough."
I'm joining a group for this book. I'm most excited. There are 12 chapters. We are going to take 1 chapter a month starting in January. It is sure to be an awakening on many levels.


So there you have it...pretty much a common theme!
http://www.buyolympia.com/q/Item=readbutton
I have to go...I have some reading to do.



Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Spirit Dancer