Search This Blog

Morning Pages, Better Than Meditation

I used to say, "Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee. 
Now I say, "Don't talk to me until I've done my morning pages."
My Morning Pages Journal
I have a new love in my life.
Morning pages.
Seriously, how did I live my life without them?

I started my morning pages routine on January 1, 2013. 
Some of you may already know about morning pages. 
Some of you may be doing your own morning pages. 
Some of you may know because I cannot shut-up about them.

They stem from the book "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. 
And let me tell you this is no regular book, 
or even a regular self-help book, 
this book is a movement!
From Julia Cameron...
"Morning Pages are three pages of longhand, stream of consciousness writing, done first thing in the morning. *There is no wrong way to do Morning Pages*–they are not high art. They are not even “writing.” They are about anything and everything that crosses your mind– and they are for your eyes only. Morning Pages provoke, clarify, comfort, cajole, prioritize and synchronize the day at hand. Do not over-think Morning Pages: just put three pages of anything on the page…and then do three more pages tomorrow." 


Watch her informative video...
Click here.


 I feel so much more alive since I started doing morning pages. 
I am able to think much more clearly in the mornings. 
I feel more balanced, more organized, more together. 
Past feelings and emotions are coming to the surface 
and I'm dealing with them.
 I'm having even more vivid dreams 
and I'm remembering them more clearly.


For me, morning pages are better than meditation.
I'm having more success with morning pages than I ever did getting up and meditating. 
I still meditate...usually in the sauna...or when I feel I need to.
But I don't meditate every single day.
I will write my morning pages every single day though.
I sing their praises!

I have a feeling this is a habit that may never go away. 
I envision a shelf full of my personal morning pages journals.
Maybe I kind of already knew I would love this morning therapy.
 I did label my morning pages journal "Volume 1". 


Do you do morning pages? 
How have they affected your life? your creativity? your dreams?
Please share with me.


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Magick Muse

Amy Riddle is an empowerment coach, crafter of sorts, writer,
herbalist, reverend, and all out muse.
She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. 
She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. 
Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. 
She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.