Search This Blog

My First Attempt at Steampunk

Greetings all.
I'd like to show you my first Steampunk creation.

From Wikipedia...
"Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction that typically features steam-powered machinery, especially in a setting inspired by industrialized Western civilization 
during the 19th century."


I dig the look of steampunk, but I must say I am much more goth...much, much more goth

But I can help but wonder, "Is steampunk the new goth?"

So, my journey into the steampunk world began with 
this charm my mom sent me.
She is always sending me pieces of jewelry knowing I will probably create something out of it.
(sorry the pic is kind of dark)

I got some gears and these perfectly round shell beads. 

And it all started to magically come together. 
I found the pewter flower beads at A.C. Moore and 
just knew they would complete my vision.


The final creation...I'm happy with it. 


And now I leave you with Lady Opal Night Stream...
I really just don't get it...
but hey, it's "Portlandia".




Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Spirit Dancer