Search This Blog

Fall in My Town ~ October Blog Circle

*The Flying Sisters Blog Circle for October*

Max Patch, NC 

If you know me, you know I love fall. 

Every single bit of it.

I love my first sip of a pumpkin spice latte.

I love mulling cider to share with friends.

I love watching horror movies.

I love seeing the leaves change colors. 

I love carving/painting pumpkins.
My Candy Corn Pumpkin

I love planning costumes.
Mysterious Me 
I love drinking pumpkin beer.
 (Pumpkinhead from Shipyard is the absolute best.)

And I especially love fall where I live. 
I am truly blessed, for I live in a postcard.

Asheville, NC is so amazingly beautiful this time of year. 

To get the most out of fall around here, 
you have to go on some mountain adventures.

Here are some place to go for autumn beauty - 

Take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway -anywhere

(where you can re-live "Last of the Mohicans", 
plus check out Lake Lure where "Dirty Dancing" was filmed)

(where you can walk across the 
famous Mile High Swinging Bridge)


 (where you can be at 6,684 feet elevation, the highest point east of the Rocky Mountains and Mississippi River - I once stood there and a cloud passed through me - amazing experience)
Me at Mount Mitchell 2009


(where you can frolick across the mountain top 
pretending you are in "The Sound of Music")
Me & Chris at Max Patch, NC 
There are so many places to go around here.
A great website is Explore Asheville
They even have a fall color report

There are some other fun activities around as well -

(where you can wander around a 12 acre maze)

(where you go through an outdoor haunted house and 
the scariest part is you lose $15)

The other day I picked up flyers at the Halloween store for 
and
Haven't been to either of them, but you never know, 
they may be worth checking out.



May you have a fabulous fall and a spook-tacular Halloween!
Spider Fairy 2005
This blog is part of the Flying Sisters monthly blog circle.

Hop to the next blog for more fall adventures.
Who knows where you'll end up?
Next stop on the circle is the lovely Sandy King-
SANDYMAIRART.


You can also check out what Atlanta has to offer with

Vickie Martin -
"In and Around Atlanta". 

Plus Robin Heim is doing her best keeping it spooky 

in Southern California -
"October". 


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Magick Muse


Amy Riddle is an empowerment coach, crafter of sorts, writer,
herbalist, reverend, and all out muse.
She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. 
She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. 
Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. 
She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.