Search This Blog

Yule

Yule Wreath 2009
Tomorrow is the Winter Solstice, Yule.
It is the longest night of the year. 
A few times I've stayed up the entire night to 
greet the Sun the next day - honoring the transition - 
knowing soon the days will be longer again.

Most of us become more reflective at this time of year -
we start thinking,
 "With a new year coming up, 
there can be a new beginning."

It's almost like a do over.

I always ask, 
"Am I being true to my authentic being?
 What would my highest self say?"

I hope that you dare to live your life's calling.

I hope that you are true to yourself. 

Apollo, ancient god of the Sun now hear my call,
Bring illumination whether rain or snowflakes fall.
On this the darkest and longest of winter's bleak nights,
I celebrate the return of the Sun's strength and light.
May my own truth shine free for all to see,
And as I will it, then so must it be. 


Want some fun knowledge about Yule?
Check out my blog from last year.
Click here.


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Magick Muse

Amy Riddle is an empowerment coach, crafter of sorts, writer,
herbalist, reverend, and all out muse.
She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. 
She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. 
Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. 
She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.