Search This Blog

D is for Death - Pagan Blog Project

Faery Oracle by Brian Froud
Death.

I've been thinking about death a lot lately.

I've been going through the 5 stages of death -
denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

I've been thinking about when someone we love dies -
a part of us dies, too.

Especially at first.

Everything stops.

You are thrown into disbelief.

You can't believe this has happened.

It happens on TV, in the movies, to other people.

But this just happened to me?

This is real?

You plummet into darkness.

You cry. You scream. You throw up.

You yell some more. Maybe throw some things.

And then you collapse on the floor.

You will never be the same again.

You stop living for a bit.

You scramble to figure out how to live again.

You scramble to figure out how to live 
without that person in your life.

Eventually, you start to re-build - begin anew.

Different.

You have changed.

Your life will never be the same.

It's hard to wrap your head around not calling them,
not seeing them,
not receiving a birthday card with a loving message 
just for you.

It's difficult.

It sucks.

But we have to face that death is part of life.

I have realized I am not scared of dying.
No, not at all.

I'm scared of my loved ones dying.

We are all going to go at some point.

I have to make peace with that.

My mom says, "All we can do is just love each other."

She is right.


I do know that in order to live fully, 
it is important to embrace and accept death.
Death is a valuable part of your evolution as a soul.

*************

I'm super excited to be a part of 
The Pagan Blog Project

Every Friday experience the alphabet of spirituality 
and pagan goodness.

Check out the list of excellent blogs for week 8 of the letter D.
The Pagan Blog Project Week 8 - D

Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Magick Muse
Amy Riddle is an empowerment coach, crafter of sorts, writer,
herbalist, reverend, and all out muse.
She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. 
She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. 
Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. 
She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.