Search This Blog

V is for Voodoo - Pagan Blog Project

I remember the first time I was introduced to voodoo.


My dad always had a ton of books around and one of them was about folklore.

In this book I found a section on hoodoo, or voodoo.

I was completely fascinated.

Growing up in the bible belt, it wasn't easy to find out what the rest of the world was learning/practicing/doing.

This was way before internet, way before I knew about other religions and spiritual natures.

This book even had spells! I had to try it out.

All I remember is - it involved an onion and breaking up a couple.

Which now I think back - isn't very nice!

I was in high school and ready to experiment. 
Totally NOT thinking about "do no harm" rules and all that.

I did the spell over the weekend. On Monday, the couple broke up. Coincidence? I don't know. 
Couples are always breaking up in high school. 

I tried out a couple more spells in the book - 
they both came to fruition.

Pretty amazing!

By Louis Martinie and Sallie Ann Glassman
Life happened, I stopped dabbling, and didn't think about voodoo until I was in New Orleans in 2000. Again, I was completely fascinated. I love the story of Marie Laveau. I love the candles, the charms, the love for ancestors, and the mystery.

I was gifted 
The New Orleans 
Voodoo Tarot cards. 
I still get them out from time to time. 

I still love voodoo lore and magic.

Let's get out the cards and see what they have to tell us today.

La Sirene ~ Congo ~Water
La Sirene is the mermaid. 

She is the great bridge between the 
depths of the seas and the dry land.
She is a loa responsible for the sacred songs 
of the Voodoo ceremony.
These songs combine spoken word and music bringing fascination and strong focus. 

Blue is her color.

Her power is empathy.

She is all about the emotional connection.

Beautiful card. I love her.
Do you consider yourself empathic?
I know I'm an empath.
It isn't always easy, but there is something special 
when you connect with others on a deep emotional level.
Your heart expands and 
it's a beautiful thing.
*************
I'm super excited to be a part of 
The Pagan Blog Project

Every Friday experience the alphabet of spirituality 
and pagan goodness.

Check out the list of excellent blogs for week 44 of the letter V.
The Pagan Blog Project Week 44 - V
*************
Have you signed up for the Magickal Modalities e-course?
Check out the details and sign up here.

Side effects of taking this class may include 
and are not limited to:


increased imagination

spiritual growth
excitement for life
clarity
finding your life purpose
flourishing relationships
insatiable desire for authenticity
successful business
random bouts of laughter
experiencing moments of aha
renewed creativity 
positive transformation

Class is $350, however sign up by November 3 and you get a super duper early bird special price of just $100.
Plus sign up now and get 
a free one-on-one life coaching session. 
(Value of $125-so it's like I'm saving you $25 bucks and gifting you a year long transformative course! )


*************
Are you facing a huge transition in your life?
Are you ready to release your obstacles and step forward into the life of your choosing?
Are you kind of lost as to where to even begin? 

Book your free 20 minute consultation with me today.
Click here.


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
~Amy
 Amy Riddle, C.C., Holistic Alchemist and Manifestor of Dreams is a life coach, tapping facilitator, reverend, creatress, teacher, writer, herbalist, and all out muse. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.