Search This Blog

Your Sixth Sense

The Third Eye Chakra


Intuition, Your Sixth Sense

Located on the forehead between the eyes, is 
the Third Eye Chakra. 
It is connected to our intuition, imagination, and our wisdom. 
Our third eye allows us to focus on the big picture.

Sanskrit Name – Ajna “to perceive, to know”

Represented – a lotus of 2 petals

Color –indigo

Element- light, telepathic energy

Essence - intuition

Planet – Neptune, Jupiter

Astrological Signs – Sagittarius, Pisces

Sound – ih (in)

Crystals –tourmaline, amethyst, fluorite, azurite

Animal – none

Archetypes – Psychic/Rationalist

Food – None

Associated Sense – sixth sense

Glandular Connection – pituitary

Associated Body Parts – eyes, base of skull

Physical Imbalance – poor vision, glaucoma, headaches, neurological disturbances

Emotional Imbalance – hallucinations, learning difficulties, nightmares

Our Third Eye
intuition - the spiritual - inner sight - purity - clarity - spirituality - wisdom - awareness - clairvoyance - imagination - concentration - insight - discernment - peace of mind



The third eye is the boundary between human 
and divine consciousness. 
It is where the unconscious and conscious meet. 
The phone rings, and you know who it is...that is your third eye. 

If your 6th chakra is depleted, you don't trust your intuition. 
You have fixed and narrow thinking. 
If your 6th chakra is in excess you can become disorganized, disoriented, spacey, and ungrounded. 
Feeling lost, melodramatic, confused, and cynical 
are all signs of an imbalanced third eye chakra.


When our third eye chakra is in balance we 
trust our intuition. 
We recognize our soul's true path. 
We observe without judgement. 
We are self aware and have heightened clairvoyance.




There are many ways to heal and 
balance your third eye.
You can try one or 
combine many for more beneficial results.

  • Enjoy mineral rich and superfoods, like wheat grass juice, chlorella, green algae, royal jelly, and bee pollen.
  • Eat purple fruits and vegetables, such as grapes and eggplant.
  • Indulge in some chocolate, the vibration of chocolate replenishes and stimulates the third eye.
  • For opening the inner eye, fast on stinging nettle tea.
  • Wear purple clothes.
  • Use yoga postures such as Child's Pose and forward bends.
  • Spend time star-gazing.
  • Watercolor.
  • Meditate focusing on your third eye. Chant the sound "ih" as in in.
  • Use crystals. Choose one and carry it with you. Meditate with it.
  • Use affirmations. I have listed ten excellent affirmations below for balancing your 6th chakra.
  • Use essential oils. Remember, oils are the souls of plants. This plant energy can help balance our energy.

Essential Oils for the Third Eye Chakra

Cedarwood essential oil induces introspection. The woody aroma brings on self-observation and allows our inner thoughts to come forward.

Frankincense essential oil enhances enlightenment and connects the spirit with the divine.

Lemongrass essential oil protects, purifies, and uplifts making this oil fantastic for the third eye. It calms, revitalizes, and inspires.

Violet essential oil heals while filling one's soul with love and peace. Violet protects and has luck on its side.

Bay, myrtle, and nutmeg essential oils are also great for 
opening and balancing the third eye chakra.


Affirmations for The Third Eye Chakra

I recognize the need for silence and stillness in my life.

The answers to all my questions lie within me.

I trust my inner self to guide and protect me. I trust my feelings.

I have nothing to prove. I am the Divine Plan manifesting itself.

I am full of wisdom.

I trust that my imagination will create a world of happiness and security for me.

Imagination is the life-blood of my creativity.

I choose to accept myself and others exactly as we are.

Making mistakes enables me to learn, grow, and develop.

Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
~Amy
The Spirit Dancer