Search This Blog

Misty Mountain Top

I am completely in love with Max Patch.

It is a bald mountain...4616 ft elevation and 
you feel on top of the world. 
It's so "Sound of Music" with a 360 degree view 
surrounded by mountains. 

I've been there several times, 
even spent the night once with my boyfriend. 
It was one of the most incredible night's ever...
like we were on our own planet. 

Max Patch has been calling my name lately...so I had to go. 
I was super excited to go by myself. 

I was in great need of an Amy Adventure. 

I sought out to do some soul searching in 
one of the most magical places I know.

It turned out quite different than I had intended.

For one...it usually looks like this...

Max Patch November 2009


Yesterday, I got this view...
Max Patch October 2012
From my personal journal yesterday...


October 27, 2012

On top of the world and I can't see a thing.

This reeks of faery.

A faery lesson, I'm sure of it.

Sometimes as much as we want to see, we just can't.

I came to Max Patch today full of strength, full of anticipation, anxious to have some deep profound thinking on my life.

What do I want to be when I grow up?

The question beckons, lately the question has actually been SCREAMING, 

"Amy! WTF!?! You are here! You are there! What are you? A jeweler, a candle maker, an herbalist, a healer, a crafter, a fairy, a muse, a witch, a goddess, a friend, a girlfriend, a daughter, a sister, a writer, a dreamer, etc."

Too many things!

Yet, I am all of these. 

My question for the Universe is, "How can I bring all of my talents together and make them work for me as a career generating my own income?"

I came up here, 4600 feet on top of Sound of Music mountain for clarity and I can't see past 15 feet in front of me.

How do we find clarity in the mists?

My hair is super damp with fog. Everything is getting wet. 

However, I still feel the magic here.

Max Patch has a special energy to it. I always feel more alive here.

Rejuvenated. 

I love this place, no matter what.

Yes, I do wish I could see the breathtaking 360 degree view of surrounding mountains, but...I can't.

I wish I could see the missing link in my career path, but..I can't.

Deep breath.

I let go.

I trust all will be revealed as it should.

For now, I'm going to digest this misty mountain air and just breathe.


Found this example of balance on my way back down the mountain.

Peace, Inspiration, & Love, 
 ~Amy 
 The Spirit Dancer