Search This Blog

10 Things I Need for Creativity~May Blog Circle

10 Things I Need for Creativity

1. I need space. I need space to create. I need space to spread my wings. I need space for paint, jewelry supplies, and glue all over the place. After spending 2 years in a 400 square foot apartment with my boyfriend, I finally have my own craft room. It's so incredible and is so very needed for my creative muse to thrive.
my craft room
2. I need to be alone. At least in the beginning of my creating. Once I see in my head what I'm making, I can be around others creating. However, I usually do my best alone. 


3. I need incense and candles to set my creative ambiance. When I light incense and candles it automatically takes me to a place of calm. I feel centered and ready to do something inspiring. 


a source of inspiration-Sarah

4. I need the right music. It can vary. Normally I dig chick voices...if I really want to dig deep I throw on my Sarah McLachlan DVD. Works every single time.  


5. I need my home to be in order. I cannot create in chaos. Besides, it's all very feng shui. 


6. I need a big chunk of time. I don't want to be interrupted. This puts me at somewhat of a disadvantage because it means I really only have the weekend to create. Working the mundane 40 hour Monday-Friday work week incorporating the gym...well...I normally only have about an hour every evening for dinner and to get ready for the next day. No time to create. I live for 3 day weekends. I really need a creation vacation



Why pay regular price?
7. I need craft supplies-which means I need coupons! Let's face it, some of these supplies are not cheap. So, I'm all about the weekly coupons for Michael's, Joann's, and A.C. Moore. Gel medium costs $15.99...nah...I'll get that 40% or 50% off with a Michael's coupon. SCORE.


8. I need books. Books inspire me. Books are my friends. Just being surrounded by books, I am inspired. 



9. I need to write. Writing is very cathartic for me. Every single morning I get up and write my morning pages which are 3 pages of stream of consciousness writing. It is incredibly therapeutic. I highly suggest you try it. 


10.  I need an awesome boyfriend that understands creativity is part of who I am. Thank you Chris for allowing me to be me. 
How completely fantastic. 
Chris & I

What do you need to let out your creative muse?

This blog is part of the Flying Lessons monthly blog circle. 
Hop to the next blog to read more on 
what sparks our creativity. 

Who knows where you'll end up?

Next stop on the circle is the oh-so-fabulous Kristen Conley.
Check out her insights on what lights her creative spark here.

May you enjoy our reading circle and 
have some bursts of creativity yourself!


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Magick Muse