Search This Blog

I is for Inspiration - Pagan Blog Project

Inspiration Amy
Who or what inspires you?

My Top Ten Inspirations

Movie - Harold and Maude
Every single time I watch this movie,
I'm so inspired by Maude.
Ruth Gordon's Maude is an incredible role model for women.
She may be turning 80, but 
the spirit of her character was ageless.
Fiery, sexy, and full of life,
Maude is the kind of woman you want around.
I strive to be like Maude.
Read more about my love for this flick here

Song - The Creationist by Kerli
"It's time to start believing
that everything you want is on its way."
It's a manifestation song!
Listen and enjoy.

TV Guru - Oprah
Not only do we share a birthday,
but participating in the meditation challenges with her 
and Deepak - 
I've become quite the fan.
She is a source of pure delight.

Biz-spiration - Marie Forleo
Do you watch Marie TV?
It's the place to be.
So says Marie.
She has been uber informative and inspiring
in my business research this past year.
I suggest any entrepreneur add Marie 
to their list of biz-spiration.
You will learn crucial lessons for your business, trust me. 

Social Media - Pinterest
Oh, look at all the pretty pictures!

Book - Someplace to Be Flying by Charles de Lint
Crow Girls.
Do I need to say anything else?
I'm in love with de Lint's magical world of urban fantasy.

Drink - Shak-Tea
I had shak-tea at Dobra Tea in 
Black Mountain, NC the other night.
It was like drinking pure bliss.
Here is the description -
A heart and mind opening blend of damiana, shatavari, ashwaganda, lotus seeds, jasmine blossoms, and rose petals simmered in local milk and organic sugar. Taste the divine nectar!

Artist - Flora Bowley
What I love about Flora is how intuitively she paints.
She really connects with her creative flow 
and just lets go.
I get her weekly "Seeds of Inspiration" newsletter
and it's always a refreshing read in my inbox.
Just reading it feels like a good meditation.

Favorite Place to Be - Max Patch, NC
I am completely in love with Max Patch.
It is a bald mountain, 4616 ft elevation, and 
you feel on top of the world. 
It's so "Sound of Music" with a 360 degree view 
surrounded by mountains. 
It's a great place to go for inspiration.
Read about my profound Max Patch journey here
Max Patch, NC
Quote 
“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.”

 - Martha Graham

That sums up my top 10 list.
Who or what inspires you?
Tell me about it in the comment section.
Let's spread inspiration!

*************
I'm super excited to be a part of 
The Pagan Blog Project

Every Friday experience the alphabet of spirituality 
and pagan goodness.

Check out the list of excellent blogs for week 17 of the letter I.
The Pagan Blog Project Week 17 - I

Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Magick Muse
Amy Riddle, C.C., Holistic Alchemist and Manifestor of Dreams
is a life coach, crafter of sorts, writer, herbalist, reverend, and all out muse.
She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. 
She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. 
Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. 
She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.