Search This Blog

Natural Weed Killer

Last year I had a whole new garden space. 
I was over the moon tickled.

It started off AMAZING - and ended TERRIBLE.

Besides the neverending downpour of rain last summer, 
my garden was overgrown with weeds.

So many damn weeds. 

It was completely out of my control. I gave up. 

This year I'm not gonna take it. 

I found this recipe online for a natural weed killer. 
It seems to be a pretty common recipe found on multiple sites, 
not sure who came up with the concoction first.
All you need - 
A bucket
1 gallon vinegar
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon of dish soap
funnel
spray bottle

Mix it all together in the bucket, use the funnel to pour the concoction into the spray bottle, and start spraying.

I covered the area pretty well. I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed until the whole gallon was used up.

The results?

So far, so good.

No weeds.

I read that once you do this, nothing will grow.

Which is fine with me, because I wasn't happy with the soil.

I now have all new dirt. I am also adding my very own compost collected from the pulp of my morning juices. 

The garden is ready for planting.
My Garden Space

Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
 ~Amy
 The Magick Muse

Amy Riddle, C.C., Holistic Alchemist and Manifestor of Dreams
is a life coach, crafter of sorts, writer, herbalist, reverend, and all out muse.
She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. 
She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. 
Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. 
She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.