Search This Blog

This tapping stuff works. (EFT-Emotional Freedom Technique)

At the end of May, I started tapping on a regular basis.

What's tapping? 
Well-I talk more about the details in my 
blog post "I'd tap that."

Tapping is also called emotional freedom technique, eft for short. It combines acupressure with psychology.

It's been incredible. 

I have finally found something that works for me.
It came into my life when I was about to give up and 
accept being a fat girl.
But I was relentlessly resistant to that. 
refuse to be labeled as fat. 
If I accept that label, then I feel that I put put that belief on me. And once that belief is there, then it's true.

And it's not true.

No.

Fat does not define me. 
Fat is not my healthy weight.

I'm on a mission. I'm on a journey. 
I'm on the road to my ideal weight.
And thanks to eft, I'm on the right track.

You may recall back in April, I declared to the world that I was 
going to lose 5 pounds a month

I really thought I was ready.

I wanted to get rid of the weight.

I devised a plan, a most excellent plan.

I was doing good. I was kicking ass. 
People started to notice that I was losing weight. 
Chris noticed.
I felt energized and sexy and on my way.

And then POP. 
I screwed myself. 
Again. 

I was at the gym and I pushed myself beyond my limits. 

Subconscious self-sabotage?

So, I either tore my psoas (which happened before), 
or pulled a rib. 
I did something and it sucked.
I could barely move. 
This put me out of commission with working out 
for over a month.
The weight came back. 
The overwhelm came back.

I was forced to question myself. 
Why does this keep happening to me? 
What is holding me back from moving forward?
I eat pretty healthy, mostly organic. I don't do fast food (well-hardly ever), I drink tons of water.

What is it?

At the same time that I was at a complete loss, I watched a video with Nick Ortner and tapping. 
I went along with the tapping exercises. 
Afterwards, I felt slightly different. 

Was it just my hope? 
Did this tapping craziness work? 

I started researching Nick and the Tapping Solution. 
I found out his sister, 
Jessica was releasing a book on 
tapping for weight loss and body confidence. 

I went to Amazon and bought it.
I've been tapping on a regular basis since I got her book.
Because of tapping, I've been able to 
acknowledge my limited beliefs.

I found out my emotional eating triggers and I've let them go.

I realized just how "heavy" Asheville has been on me.
I have tapped and tapped on letting the Asheville overwhelm go.
After I was in Asheville for about a year, I started to feel a great heaviness on top of me. Financial burdens, transient friends, and no stability makes Asheville a rather difficult town to live in. 
But I don't have to accept that. Asheville may have starving artist woe hanging about town, but I don't. 

I've let it all go.
Tapping has changed my life.
I finally feel I'm moving forward. I feel I'm over the hump.

After tapping consistently for a month, 
I've lost 6 pounds and 12 inches of me. 
I don't have crazy food cravings anymore. 
I don't have the emotional triggers anymore.
I don't feel financial suffocated anymore. 
I don't feel heavy anymore.

After tapping for just a week, I was craving yoga.
CRAVING it.
I now do yoga every morning and I WANT to. 
I don't feel, "I have to do this so I can be better." 
No, I want to do it. 
I completely enjoy it.

I have realized the gym is a highly toxic environment for me. 
So much "crap" surrounds going to the gym. 
I may go every once in awhile to walk or lift weights, 
but I will never be a regular.

I love yoga. I can just roll out of bed and onto the mat. 
No one else is around. There is no loud Lady Gaga shouting at me. I don't see 50 pairs of neon tennis shoes. 
I don't feel all the mixed energies of everyone in the gym.

Tapping has changed my life. Part of me is so surprised. I guess because NOTHING ELSE has ever really worked - not for the long haul. I've never found anything else that shifts your energy and allows you to be the best you - your true authentic self.

I'm a tapping believer!

I'm so excited about tapping and 
the breakthroughs I'm having that I decided to start incorporating tapping into my life coaching. 
It makes complete sense! 
Both coaching and tapping help you 
remove obstacles from your life. 

Why not combine them?
Image Credit
I'm now offering intro to tapping sessions.
This makes me giddy.
I want to show you how to tap.
I want you to release what's stopping you.
I want to see you soar.

Her book has changed my life. 
I know I still have a long way to go, 
but I'm over the moon happy that
I am moving forward in this journey.

Will you join me?

Click here


Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
~Amy
 Amy Riddle, C.C., Holistic Alchemist and Manifestor of Dreams is a life coach, tapping facilitator, reverend, creatress, teacher, writer, herbalist, and all out muse. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Alternative Medicine with an emphasis on herbs. She is a certified professional life coach with the Life Coach Institute of Orange County. Amy craves to inspire others to be healthy and whole in body, mind, and spirit. She has an affinity for striped socks, stinging nettle, and all things faery.